Sunday, February 28, 2010

Monday Male

Riaan is an IT Technical Manager and a computer fundi aka geek. He also just happens to be my Boerewors and the father of my two beautiful girls. We have been married for 10 years and together for twelve. He is the love of my life and so he also deserves a Star Spot on my Monday Male.

Riaan constantly puts up with hearing stories about people he doesn’t know (my fellow Blog Friends in Bloggerville) and has had to deal with my obsession with blogging for two and a half years. He deserves a Blog Award for that one!! He helps me edit my html format from time to time, although I’ve become quite good with that too.

What’s it like being married to a 5 foot nothing Scottish redhead?


Well, what can a say, Scottish woman are feisty! Wouldn’t have it any other way though. Just as quick as her temper flairs up, just as quick it comes down. She is the love of my life and I am very lucky to have found her. She is the mother of my two beautiful daughters and she gives me everything I need.


What’s she like as a Mum?

Her kids means everything to her, she will go out her way to do anything for them, sometimes to her own demise. Kaylin has the knack of getting the better of her every now and then! She’s always cleaning up after the kids when they made a mess, with lots of complaining, but she still does it. She always thinks of the small little things that makes their life so much easier.


On Blogging


What do you think of her blog and her blogging?


At first I didn’t take much notice of it, was something to keep her busy. Now my mom, dad, sister and my brother (he’s in London) looks at her blog to see what we are up to. I guess it’s “our” little place in the interwebs to tell everybody what we doing and that we are still alive!

What’s the biggest challenge you deal with regarding this?

I sometimes have to fight for some of her time, most of the time when she gets home she plays with the kids while I cook. After we done eating she jumps on her blog to approve her comments and post her days events etc. Then it’s bath time for the kids and sleep time, by then we both are dead tired and just hit the bed to get some rest. Just so that we can repeat it all the next day!


Did you buy her a laptop so she could blog anywhere and everywhere?

She was always complaining that she wanted to sit in front of the TV or lay in bed at night to “blog”. So for her birthday I got her a laptop (and keep her from hogging my PC) so that she could blog wherever she wants. At least I got some brownie points for buying her a laptop!

On Family


What is the most important lesson you’ve learnt by becoming a dad?


I always tell people that you have never experience love until you have kids. It’s just such an unconditional love that one has for your kids, you just can’t explain it.

Oh and before we had kids, you see the dads taking the half eaten sweets from their kids and eating it and you think - “I will NEVER do that!” Well, half eaten sweets aren’t that bad to be honest!


Whats the most important lesson you can teach your children?


NEVER trust strangers! Unfortunately this is the day and age we live in, sad but true!


That they can speak to me about ANYTHING, they must be able to trust me and I won’t be angry if they did something wrong.


On Work

Have you always been a computer geek?


Yes I have, I can remember I was in Standard 5 (Grade 7) and I said to my dad, “One day I will work with computers” It’s always been my passion.


Did you trying and built computers as a child?

Since I can remember I've been “tinkering” with computers.


What is the most exciting project you’ve worked on as an IT person?


In 2000 when I was working for IBM, I was sent to North Carolina in the USA for 4 weeks to write a book with 2 other guys. It was a very nerve wrecking experience but one of the most exciting moments in my life. Having your name printed in a book!


What would be your perfect job?


Where I have to do as little as possible and get as much as possible?! I’m always trying something new to make money, who knows! Maybe one day I’ll hit the jackpot!


On women

Have you ever written a poem for your sweetheart?


My poem writing ability is not be one of my strong points.  I have stopped counting how many poems I have started and deleted cause I just couldn’t find the words I was looking for. However there has been a few poems that finally reached my sweetheart.


Does love at first sight exist?


Yes I believe in love at first sight! We are a good example of that! Gillian and I moved in together after only 3 months!


Boy shorts or g-string?


G-stings for the win, boy shorts on a woman just don’t do it for me.


What are your five non-negotiable in a woman?


Be alive?  This is a tricky question as I believe it’s the whole package that makes the woman and not just specific things.

Bum or boobs man?


Both!

On randomness


What song would you choose as the soundtrack of your life?


Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle.


One thing you like about living in SA?


It’s such a beautiful country and has so much to offer, stunning weather and amazing country sides. So many people live here but never explore what SA has to offer.


Thank you, Babe for finally agreeing to do Monday Male, even though you complained bitterly that there were "too many questions". 

0 comments:

Post a Comment